201 S Grant Avenue
Frasch Hall 422-423
Friday, February 23, 2018
10 am – 3 pm (Registration begins at 9:30 am)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided!
Lesson 1: Introduction to Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Understand foundational concepts of satisfactory academic progress; and
- Know about satisfactory academic progress consumer information requirements.
Lesson 2: Evaluating Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Frequency of SAP evaluations and school options;
- How to evaluate the quantitative and qualitative components of SAP; and
- The consequences of a student not meeting SAP standards.
Lesson 3: SAP Appeals, Probation, and Academic Plans
- School options related to SAP appeals, financial aid probation, and academic plans;
- Circumstances and conditions under which a student may appeal a SAP determination and the elements which must be included in a SAP appeal;
- Requirements of the financial aid probation status and academic plans; and
- Requirements related to regaining eligibility after failing to maintain SAP.
Lesson 4: Additional SAP Policy Elements
- Understand the additional elements which must be incorporated into a SAP policy.
Instructor: Melanie Weaver, Ohio Northern University
OASFAA membership is required. NASFAA membership is not required to take the credential test, but non-members will need to create a free myNASFAA account in order to take the credential test. Please review the NASFAA Credential Workshop information available here.
Cost based on option selected:
- $50 –in-person instruction, self-study guide and workbook, lunch, voucher code for credential exam
- $30 – in-person instruction, self-study guide and workbook, and lunch
- $15 – self-study guide and workbook (materials sent immediately upon receipt of payment; attendance at workshop not permitted with this option)
Payment must be received by the OASFAA Workshop Registrar, Carrie Short, before access to the workshop room will be granted. Payments will be accepted onsite (check, credit card. If you bring cash, you must have the exact amount. We are unable to make change on site.). If you/your institution is mailing a check, be sure to allow enough time for it to be received and processed by the OASFAA Workshop Registrar, Carrie Short, or you will need to pay in person on the day of the workshop. Please review the cancellation policy regarding NASFAA Credential Workshops here.
Space is limited and will be restricted to the first 30 participants.
DO NOT use your username and password to register someone else!
- This is a multi-part registration and is not complete until you reach the final invoice page.
- Need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will not only erase your registration, but it will also delete you from the OASFAA database. If the person you are registering is in the database, please request their username and password. Otherwise, register them as a new person so they can be assigned a unique username and password of their own.